Author: Simon Orde. Paperback. Published by Calico Pie Limited, March 2016.
Family Historian is powerful yet easy-to-use genealogy software. But many people barely scratch the surface of the extensive features it offers. If this is you, Getting the most from Family Historian 6 is the book you need. Using screenshots and illustrations, the book takes you on a guided exploration of the whole program. You will discover many great features that you didn’t even know were there, and learn how to do much more with the features you already use. Along the way, you will pick up many great time-saving tips that make ordinary tasks quicker and easier, and make the program more enjoyable to use.
Written by the creator of Family Historian, the book covers all the basic features of the program, as well as the advanced and expert features. It is designed so that you can treat it either as a book to read, or as a reference manual, to dip in and out of. It is suitable for beginners and advanced users alike.
Topics covered include:
• Basic data entry with the Focus Window and the Property Box
• Basic and advanced diagram techniques, charts, interactive diagrams & smart trees
• Getting the most from reports
• Media and face-linking
• Web hints, Automatic Internet Data Matching and the Internet Search Tool
• Recording your sources
• Web-clipping, drag-and-drop and automatic source citations
• Maps and timelines
• Books and booklets
• Defining custom fact types, and using witnesses & roles
• Whole project tasks: compare/merge/split/copy/import/export
• Named lists and record flags
• Introduction to queries, and writing custom queries
• Website generation, and other wizards & tools
Browse Preview Pages
Paperback: 243 pages
Publisher: Calico Pie Limited (March 2016)
Product Dimensions: 29.7 x 21 x 1.3 cm